Are you tired of the big crowds of Mui Ne, not enough space on the waters and just too many kites around to have some real fun?
If you like having more space to yourself so you can try those new tricks undistracted and do not have to wait and ride around to find openings to do your crazy stuff, Phan Thiet might be the spot you´ve been looking for.
Phan Thiet is situated just some 10kms south of Mui Ne and the harbour spot we found is in many ways nicer than The main drag of Mui Ne.
– The bulwark in the harbour breaks the waves and makes this spot less choppy and the shore break less intimidating.
– Wind blows side shore
– Does not get too crowded
We did not like:
– Not a lot of space to rig your kite
– Not too many shops or restaurants around so you have to pack your own water and snacks with you before you head out.
– Can be hard to spot the first time you arrive
– Practically no-one around, don´t leave any valuables unattended, there is a good chance they will be stolen, ours did once.